Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar Allan Poe
~~ Click on the image for bigger size! ~~

Today is the birthday of one of the greatest writers of thriller and horror ever: Edgar Allan Poe!
And as many of you Pulp Sunday friends know, I am a huge fan of Poe. I wish my current schedule allowed me more time to do a proper tribute, but I managed to do a quick - and a bit fun - tribute to the Mask of Red Death (below) and also found an old commission I don't think I have ever posted her eon the blog (above).
Hope you guys dig it and clebrate EAP's birthday by reading some of his tales :)

Cheers,
Francesco

Artwork © 2011 Francesco Francavilla

Edgar Allan Poe and the Mask of Red Death
~~ Click on the image for bigger size! ~~

2 comments:

Matthew Funk said...

I love both pictures! Great work, as always. I'm currently writing a pulp/crime series that will feature a character named The Raven that speaks only in lines from "The Raven."

Giuseppe Balestra (MaximaFobia) said...

really nice work!