Sunday, October 26, 2008

SotW: Asa Vajda

Modern Pulp Comics
THE SISTERHOOD OF THE WITCHES.

Hi guys,

Halloween is just a few days away so I decided to start a countdown, here on Pulp Sunday, featuring every day a different Witch: what better than this to celebrate the night of Ognissanti? This way I will also make up for the lack of my posts in here in the last couple of weeks ;)
Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the new feature called: The Sisterhood of the Witches!

Black Sunday
SO to start the countdown, and being today Sunday, and being this Pulp Sunday ;), the choice was an easy one: Black Sunday (or La Maschera del Demonio, in its original title). Directed by Mario Bava, features the evil witch Asa Vayda and a creepy variation of the Iron Maiden (the mask in the title). Pretty scary movie, shot in a wonderful gothic style :)
Make sure to be back tomorrow for a new witch and have some true pulp scares everyone :)

Cheers,
Francesco

"Sisterhood of the Witches" © 2008 Francesco Francavilla

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How the heck do you do these fantastic pieces so quickly? However you do it, please do more! This is going to be one great countdown...)
-Dave

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thank you, Dave :) When I have fun, I can get pretty quick at drawing ;)
Hope you dig the new witch I just posted.

Cheers,
Francesco